Job Title: Payroll Manager (San Diego)
Suneva Medical is looking for an experienced Payroll Professional with ADP Workforce Now experience to join our already successful Accounting/Finance team.
Suneva Medical, established in 2009, has been founded on the philosophy of partnering with aesthetic providers to help them build practices by providing unique aesthetic products that deliver patient satisfaction and build customer loyalty. Following its inception, Suneva Medical acquired its first asset, Bellafill®. This long-lasting dermal filler was the foundation for Suneva Medical’s subsequent growth of its strong and diverse product portfolio.
Under general direction, will manage the program architecture and integrity of the ADP Payroll System; while providing functional support to accounting in accordance with company policy or practice, and in compliance with Federal and State legal requirements related to Payroll and Accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages payroll information (including various hourly employees) and taxes in a multi-state payroll environment; designs and maintains payroll systems and processes; directs the collection, calculation, and entering of data to ensure accuracy.
- Monitors and analyzes payroll, payroll taxes and accounting data to produce financial reports and reconciliations of payroll registers and periodic tax returns as well as various general ledger accounts; provide recommendations, improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Meets financial accounting objectives by maintaining files and records to document transactions, prepares journal entries, assists or manages external audits, supports business on payroll and general accounting needs.
- Manages 3rd party vendor relationships (such as ADP, Wageworks, Fidelity and Health equity for HSA contributions).
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Updates and maintains Concur records.
- Ensure the payment of expense reimbursement to employees.
- Prepare expense reimbursement reports, record expenses and reconciles related liability accounts.
- Provides expense reimbursement information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares and records journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances general ledger accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Summarizes financial information by collecting information; preparing reports and statements.
- Collaborates with external audits by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain employee data in ADP by recording additions, changes and terminations.
- Designs and provides ADP and benefits reports.
- Manage benefits audits, such as 401k and Workers’ Comp.
- Review benefits bills and information to ensure accuracy of benefits paid and deducted from employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or University; and 5-7 years’ experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 5 years Payroll Management experience required.
Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Ability to learn specialized software programs. Ability to use MSWord, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and QAD. Ability to manage and utilize ADP Payroll program.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of State and Federal payroll laws.
- Skill in coordinating and synchronizing multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of ADP (required).
- Working knowledge of Concur (preferred).
- Skill in communicating complex or difficult information positively and successfully to employees.
- Ability to work independently, within limits of authority, and establish and maintain credibility.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions within department/company guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain moderately complex documentation systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with many levels of employees of various disciplines within various departments and all other internal and external contacts.
- Ability to accurately perform detail oriented work, maintaining accuracy, consistency, and quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs and handle extremely confidential data.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, and you meet the qualifications outlined above, please send your resume to email@example.com and refer to to Payroll Manager in the subject line.